Yesterday I had the privilege of speaking to the Lycoming College chapter of Kappa Delta Pi International Honors Society for Education. I was invited by a former student of mine, Baleigh Dunkelberger, and it is so wonderful to watch her grow in to an aspiring educator. Working with pre-service teachers has always been a passion of mine. I try to convey three items when speaking with young, aspiring future educators: motivations, preparedness and realities. When I reflect upon my years in college, I do not remember having any true discussions about realities until I got to the student teaching component of my education. While there, my co-op taught me about PSEA, daily schedules, my rights, concerns I should have about insurance vs. pay. He taught me what a salary schedule was, and how I could really be grilled in an interview. Upon graduation, I still was not prepared, but I was so thankful for the lessons he left me with. I hope to do the same for other young folks aspiring to work in a classroom. Teaching is the profession that teaches all other professions, yet we are up against a plethora of political strife quite often. I hope this only motivates young people in the future. Working with students and watching them grow is perhaps the single most amazing part of the last 12 years of my career.