If you are an AP teacher, it is that time of year again. You are done with content and it is time to review an entire years worth of work! It is overwhelming, and sometimes… it is a little boring. I decided to make things a little different this year as I am tired of going through the same old review packets. Each day I am making an effort to do something that involves some excitement. With a little help from my Facebook AP communities, I am able to pick up a variety of creative activities and collaborate with other educators from all over the world. Today we reviewed AP Psychology with cupcakes and on Thursday we reviewed by quilting together vocabulary terms and definitions. I made it competitive, so that students had incentive and drive. I think they genuinely had fun, and so did I.

Renewing the way I do things in my classroom is rejuvenating not only for the students, but for my own spirit as a teacher. It is certainly more work to do so and there are days I feel too beat down and tired to do something new, but I do it anyway. So why do we try to hard as educators? No one is inspecting our classrooms daily and no one is going to pay us more for being amazing at our jobs. We have intrinsic  motivation to see the light in the eyes of our students and the excitement when they understand something new. It makes our hard work seem like it was worth every second of planning. Try something new today… or tomorrow. See the light in the eyes of those kids you teach… it may motivate you to do it again and again and again…